5.7.17

Overthrow to Overcome

OVERTHROW TO OVERCOME
"Giving God the Throne to our life"
adult, blur, boy 
Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

     Each and everyone of us have a driving force in our life-something that motivates us to live our life to its fullest. Usually, our greatest motivation is our own pride. We want to succeed, we want to be noticed. We need to feel satisfaction from overcoming difficulties in our lives. But yet so often we don't seem to be able to overcome anything. We mess up and we fail. Instead of overcoming our struggles it seems as if our struggles are overcoming us. Unfortunately, we can't overcome the circumstances in our lives alone. Although our pride tells us we have to take control and that we must be the problem solver we still fall short. The problem is simple-in order for us to overcome the world we must overthrow our own will.

     Our way, our will, and our pride must be overthrown for us to be able to overcome. God must be on the throne in our lives. When we are motivated to succeed by self-satisfaction and self-worth we will always be overcome instead of overcoming. As humans we always want to control the things going on around us. We feel like the only way to solve problems is by taking control ourselves. But this is not the case. In the Bible we learn about King Saul.  He was a smart man, a good man, and a seemingly godly man but he made a tragic mistake that ruined his rule forever. He placed himself on the throne of his life instead of God. He was overcome by the world because he let pride rule his life.

     To overcome we must overthrow. We must take ourselves off the throne seat and give God the lead. He's the only one worthy to lead our lives- and His way is always better than our ways. Isaiah 55:9-"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."  So often we say to others, "Don't worry, God's in control." But have we ever turned to ourselves and truly asked "Is God in control of my life?"
We seem to think that we have faith because we believe God is in control of the circumstances around us. But true faith is giving God control of our very being. 
    Who is on the throne of your life? Are you willing to overthrow your will for God's? The only way to overcome is to sacrifice our ways for God's ways. He deserves the throne! And he is much better acquitted to be on the throne. Although giving God the throne over our lives is hard it is the wisest decision we'll ever make. "Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the World." With God on the throne in our life we can overcome anything! Give God the throne. Overthrow your Will.

"God doesn't want something from us. He simply wants us."
-C.S. Lewis

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

8 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts. This one came at the perfect time, that last quote is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed writing on here so much! I want to start doing it more again. Thanks for the feedback girl =)

      Delete
  2. This post. Exactly what I needed to hear today. My pride has been hitting me in the face so much today, and I've tried to overcome on my own strength. Ha. We need God so much, not just in the moment of salvation but in the life of sanctification.

    Thank you for posting this :)

    Hannah with Graceineverything.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Hannah! Thanks for commenting-I'm so glad it was a blessing to you.

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy you posted again :)) This really hit me, thank you for writing it. God HAS to be on the throne of our lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You're publishing again! I'm so happy lol. :D Anyway, I've been reading your blog for 3ish years and just wanted to let you know that I LOVED this post. Keep it up!


    Abby from foreverpersuaded.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had read your blog and somehow it gives me hope and inspiration. I like the feeling everytime I read this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love to read your post. It gives me hope and so much encouragement to be more righteous. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!