27.1.15

Chocolate Raspberry cupcakess and a Tag

Thought I'd share with you a recipe to these amazing Chocolate Raspberry cupcakes I made for a party last month. I hope you all try these sometime and tell me how you like them =)

Chocolate Raspberry cupcakes
(recipe is for 24 cupcakes but I got more out of it than that)

Ingredients

For the cupcakes:
3 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1½ cups hot brewed coffee
3 cups sugar
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. baking powder
1¼ tsp. salt
3 large eggs
¾ cup vegetable oil
1½ cups buttermilk
¾ tsp. vanilla extract
For the filling:
1 (12 oz.) bag frozen raspberries, thawed
¼ cup sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
For the frosting:
12 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
¾ cup heavy cream
1½ tbsp. sugar
1½ tbsp. corn syrup
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature


Directions
  • To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350˚ F.  Line cupcake pans with paper liners.  Place the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl; add the hot coffee and let stand a minute or two, then whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
  • In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the eggs on medium-high speed until slightly thickened and pale yellow.  Slowly add the oil, buttermilk, vanilla, and melted chocolate mixture to the eggs, mixing until well blended.  Add the dry ingredients and beat on medium-low speed just until incorporated.
  • fill each cupcake liner about ¾ of the way full.  Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.   Allow to cool in the pan 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  • To make the raspberry filling, puree the raspberries in a blender or food processor. Whisk in the sugar and cornstarch, and heat, stirring frequently until the mixture boils.  Once it has thickened, remove the pan from the heat.  Chill before using.
    •   meanwhile, make the ganache.  Add the chopped chocolate to a medium heatproof bowl.  In a saucepan combine the cream, corn syrup and sugar.  Heat until just boiling.  Immediately pour the mixture over the chopped chocolate and let stand a few minutes to melt.  Whisk in small circular motions until the mixture is smooth and blended, then whisk in the butter 1 tablespoon at a time until completely incorporated.  Let the mixture stand to thicken slightly, so it can be piped or spread.

 To assemble the cupcakes, place the raspberry filling in a pastry bag. ( actually I didn't pipe my filling. I scooped out holes in the middle of the cupcakes with a handy baking tool I have and just used a spoon to put in the filling) Spread the ganache over the tops of the cupcakes.  If desired, pipe excess ganache inside fresh raspberries and place on top of the frosted cupcakes (be sure to do this before the frosting sets.)  Allow to set completely before serving.

And Viola! You have a batch of some of the best cupcakes you have ever tasted. The chocolate cake used for this recipe is SO moist and the ganache and filling is delicious!

The raspberry chocolate cupcakes are on the left in this picture and to the right is a batch of Oreo cupcakes that I make (If you all would like me to post the recipe I'd be glad to! If you like Oreos this recipe is delicious also)

 The above picture is the first batch of cupcakes I made. The cupcakes always look cute with some fresh raspberries on top to add some prettiness along with an extra kick of flavor :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I also got tagged by the lovely Heidi Anne the blogger recognition award! Thank you so much Heidi.


Rules of the Award:
1. Nominate 15 other bloggers
2. Write a post about this fabulous award, tell the story of your blog, thank the wonderful person who nominated you, and in the great post link the person you got the award from.
3. Let the people you nominate know you nominated them

The story of  Daughter of the King
. I started blogging at age twelve. Although my inspiration for blogging has always stayed the same my enthusiasm has changed. When I first began blogging I wanted to reach other girls my age and encourage them in their walk with God. Unfortunately when I started I didn't know any other bloggers, and my writing slowed down greatly. I never was inspired to write and didn't post much except pictures of me and my life. After about a year of blogging I met a wide-range of other bloggers and realized how big and important having a Christian blog can be. The last two years I've gotten a much bigger blog audience and I've stepped up my writing for the Lord. The main purpose of my blog is to encourage and help fellow Daughters of the King to realize their identity as a princess and to strive to serve the Lord with their lives!
  If you're new to blogging my best advice to you is to keep your eyes focused on the message your delivering--not on how many people are following your blog. So many of my blogger friends have fizzled out over the years because they get discouraged over their lack of feedback and followers. Just keep your eyes on writing for the glory of God and you'll never loose inspiration!

I nominate:

Kara @ Saved by Grace 
SW @ a free mind 


And that's all for now =) Hope you all have a blessed week!


Keep shining bright
~Brittney

Brittney Johnson is just your average (and crazy) teenage girl serving an extraordinary God. She loves reading amazing books, writing stories, and dreaming about someday publishing a book. She loves to blog and would be so glad if you read her posts, comment, and maybe even follow

5 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are gorgeous, and they look positively delicious. Raspberries and chocolate is the perfect combination. Also, I'd love to see the Oreo cupcake recipe as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmysoul, these look absolutely delicious!
    I'd love it if you posted some recipes of drinks or anything of that sort.
    Always love your posts.

    Nine x
    PS: I started a new blog, and I'd really appreciate it if you checked it out?
    silentfleetingmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really yummy! :D

    xoxo Morning
    http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy! you have a great blog!
    check out my blog @celiaboldizar.blogspot.com

    http://celiaboldizar.blogspot.com/?zx=5124f363ae3f546c

    ReplyDelete

Pleas keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!